Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Disabled dolls & Gymnasts

  1. #1
    Inactive Member luanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just found this site on the web for disabled dolls, and equipment for them. It's really sad, but great if you know someone who had a bad accident.
    They also have an Amazing wheelchair, and parallel bars you could use as uneven bars for a gymnast.

    http://www.sew-dolling.com/physical_..._dollequip.htm

  2. #2
    Inactive Member luanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just wanted to add, there are quite a few retired AG items there for sale new in the box, look around, quite a good site....then again, I bet you all knew that!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am seriously tempted to get one of those swiss therapy balls. I have JRA and had to use one for awhile when I was younger. I think it's still somewhere in my garage...

    Thanks for the link. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    - Becca

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have seen this ite before and really wished it hadbeen around when DD was in OT. She would have loved all of that stuff! I love the mat and balls and the trampoline!

    Shelly

  5. #5
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had found this site a few months ago and was blown away. I asked them to send me some written literature because I wanted to donate some dolls to a local children's hospital I volunteer at. I feel so blessed that I can afford to collect such wonderful dolls as American Girl. I thought it would be a great idea for Christmas gifts, but I wanted to make sure the children wouldn't be insulted and wanted to check it out with the hospital personnel. I wrote them twice but they never responded. I had every intention of paying for them. I wasn't asking them to donate them. I think I'll try again.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found that website about two months ago, and I think that it is so sweet how they came up with the idea for the disabled dolls!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Susan has a wonderful site. She introduced me to Berenguer Classmates dolls a number of years ago. Once Berenguer discontinued the Classmates line, she began searching around for another doll line and then decided to commission a line on her own. It was a very expensive project and required a whole lot more work than she ever imagined it would, but the result is certainly worth it.

    Taffy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •